Monday, February 6, 2017

Mud Wasps and Graffiti

These nests appeared on the outside wall of the laundry. I asked friends what they were and whether I should get rid of them (what with this being the land of Everything Wants to Kill You), and they said it was fine - they were just mud wasp pupae. Apparently they are good to have around as they control spiders, aphids and other pest insects. So I didn't bother them and they hatched into wasps and flew away and left me alone. I wish all species could co-exist so amicably.


This is a mural I run past regularly at a local playing field. I just love the colours, the combination of young and old, and the detail in the child's eyes. It seems friendly and approachable (and it's near the end of the run, so I'm always pleased to see it).

No comments:

Post a Comment