Saturday, June 4, 2011

21: Picture This

As part of the Arrowtown Autumn Festival, I submitted some art-work for the exhibition. This is one of the pieces featuring the old station huts along the Central Otago Rail Trail. I wanted to show just the hut and the sky and I put the pictures into black and white and framed them in a 'distressed' silver wooden frame. The scenery along the rail trail is stunning and much photographed, but before it was a tourism spectacular, it had a very practical function, and the basic buildings didn't have to serve any aesthetic purpose, which is what I've tried to capture.

This picture now hangs in our hallway. You can click on the image to make it bigger if you want a proper look. Or you can come and visit us!

1 comment:

  1. Your artwork on public display. Congrats! I have been experimenting with turning some of my photos black and white recently and it's tough to do well. Knowing which ones will work best is a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete