Saturday, February 26, 2011

8: Arrow River Loop

Much though Pollyanna has always annoyed me, I am going to have a ridiculously glass-half full moment. I am currently injured and trying to strengthen my knee, which means I can't run as much as I'd like to and have to spend hours in the gym fiddling around with free weights, Swiss balls, resistance bands, and various other instruments of torture. It does mean, however, that I can walk with friends the routes I usually run and take my camera so I can admire the rushing water and dappled pathways.
 
The dopey dog takes a break from the walk to hunt for stones in the river - there are quite a few to choose from.

I'd smell the flowers if there were any, but as there aren't, I can content myself with photographing toadstools.
 
The Mischievous Minx and her mum (seeking refuge in Arrowtown from the Christchurch earthquake) pause for some rest and reflection, before pressing on with Dopey Dog and the Great Galah.

No comments:

Post a Comment