Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Week 49: Much Ado About Rehearsals

Apart from the odd triathlon and drink with friends, my week has mainly been taken up with peparation for Shakespeare on Location. Between planning costumes, venues, songs, schedules and notes, I've even managed to hold a few rehearsals - here's one from Much Ado About Nothing. Hero and Ursula "walk in the orchard" where they lay "false sweet bait" for Beatrice to overhear.

"The pleasant'st angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait:
So angle we for Beatrice."

"But Nature never fram'd a woman's heart,
Of prouder stuff than that of Beatrice."

"And therefore certainly it were not good,
She knew his love lest she'll make sport at it."

"But who would tell her so? If I should speak,
She would mock me into air, O she would laugh me
Out of myself, press me to death with wit."

"She's limed I warrant you,
We have caught her Madam."

"What fire is in mine ears? Can this be true?"

No comments:

Post a Comment