Monday, January 5, 2009

Week 1: Start as you mean to go on

There are bound to be several pictures of my cat. Chester is a stunning silver seal Burmese, and is, as my mother wrote in her annual Christmas missive, 'a gorgeous and much-loved cat who likes exploring'. She forgot to mention sleeping, but I guess that goes without saying!

Him Outdoors - the other significant male in my life. He bought me the camera, so it's only fair I test out the first week of pictures on him. I also leave him the tedious task of instruction-reading; hence the glasses.

Moore Wilson's is where the cafes, caterers and restaurants of Wellington shop and is open 7 days a week. The range of fresh produce (including organic produce) is excellent and I can waste many an hour scanning the deli goods, the bakery, the cheeses, fish, flowers and condiments. There's also a fantastic wine section, an area for toys and one for 'variety' which includes everything from kitchenware to linen and luggage. The food area has recently been revamped so we went to check it out.

I did warn you there would be plentiful pictures of Chester. Him Outdoors got a picture of Turf Moor for Christmas from his parents - they thought I might not appreciate this so much and sent me a book full of pictures and qotations about cats. Here's one that seems to suit:

'I love cats becasue I love my home, and little by little they become its visible soul.' Jean Cocteau

No comments:

Post a Comment